Gate pose is ideal when you need a nice hamstring stretch. However, there’s more to gate pose than just stretching your hammies.
Here are some of the benefits of gate pose:
- Increases flexibility in the ankles
- Great for a side body stretch
- Tones the hips
- Improves balance
- Stretches the hamstrings
- Increases spinal flexibility
- Stimulates the lungs
Tips for beginner yogis:
- Flex your foot for a less intense stretch
- For more support and stability, slide a block underneath your foot
- You can also do this pose next to a wall and press the ball mount of your foot against the wall
- Roll the top shoulder back and stack the torse directly over the hips
- Relax your shoulders away from ears
Always remember to do gate pose on both sides. Hold gate pose for at least 8 breaths per side. As usual, if you have any questions, drop a comment below, and I will catch you all on the next post!
Yoga can help you get through a busy day without having to leave your home or office.
Get short, easy to follow, yoga cures for many issues and ailments sent straight to your inbox. Plus, lots of tips and other content that I share exclusively with members!