Gate pose is ideal when you need a nice hamstring stretch. However, there’s more to gate pose than just stretching your hammies.
Here are some of the benefits of gate pose:
- Increases flexibility in the ankles
- Great for a side body stretch
- Tones the hips
- Improves balance
- Stretches the hamstrings
- Increases spinal flexibility
- Stimulates the lungs
Tips for beginner yogis:
- Flex your foot for a less intense stretch
- For more support and stability, slide a block underneath your foot
- You can also do this pose next to a wall and press the ball mount of your foot against the wall
- Roll the top shoulder back and stack the torse directly over the hips
- Relax your shoulders away from ears
Watch my JUMPROPE tutorial here:
How to Yoga For Beginners: Gate Pose by MissG on Jumprope.
Always remember to do gate pose on both sides. Hold gate pose for at least 8 breaths per side. As usual, if you have any questions, drop a comment below, and I will catch you all on the next post!