How good is your balance? Standing figure four pose can help with that and so much more.
Here are some of the benefits of Standing figure four pose:
- Helps improve balance
- Stretches the glutes
- Improves ankle strength
- Strengthens quad muscles
- It’s a great core strengthener
- Relieves lower back pain
- Helps improve concentration
Tips for beginner yogis:
- Gaze about 6 inches from your foot on the ground
- Pull your belly off of your thigh when leaning forward
- Sit low into your chair for maximum benefit
- Hold for at least 7 breaths
- To exit the pose, start by raising your upper body then straighten your leg before releasing your leg to the ground.
Make sure you do standing figure four on both sides and hold for the same amount of breaths. Let me know how you feel in the comments below once you’ve tried standing figure four.
Standing figure four pose has easily become one of my go-to poses during my personal practice. If you have any additional questions, drop those questions below! That’s all for today, ’till next time!
Yoga can help you get through a busy day without having to leave your home or office.
Jumpstart your practice with this short, easy to follow, 5-day yoga course packed with tips, yoga pose alignment tutorials and sequences that are easy to remember. Plus, lots of other tips and other yoga and wellness content that I share exclusively with members!