Bridge pose is one of the main poses commonly used for spinal flexibility. This is a perfect pose to add to your wellness regimen if you sit for long hours everyday.
Here are some of the benefits of Bridge Pose:
- Opens the chest (heart chakra opener)
- Stretches the neck and shoulder muscles
- Supports respiratory function
- Tones the glutes, thighs and hamstrings
- It’s a mood enhancer
- Stimulates circulation
- Increases spinal flexibility
- Supports thyroid function
Tips for beginner yogis:
- Bring your heels close to your glutes
- Place a block under by your lower back for a restorative version of this pose
- Hold this pose for at least 5 breaths
- Squeeze your knees towards each other or place a block in between your legs and squeeze the block in between your legs
- To exit, keep your hands on your mat and roll your the spine down one vertebrae at a time.
Try this pose in the morning after you wake up, or after a long day at work. Let me know in the comments if you like regular bridge or bridge with a yoga block underneath. I’ll catch you all on the next post!
Yoga can help you get through a busy day without having to leave your home or office.
Get short, easy to follow, yoga cures for many issues and ailments sent straight to your inbox. Plus, lots of tips and other content that I share exclusively with members!