Bridge pose is one of the main poses commonly used for spinal flexibility. This is a perfect pose to add to your wellness regimen if you sit for long hours everyday.
Here are some of the benefits of Bridge Pose:
- Opens the chest (heart chakra opener)
- Stretches the neck and shoulder muscles
- Supports respiratory function
- Tones the glutes, thighs and hamstrings
- It’s a mood enhancer
- Stimulates circulation
- Increases spinal flexibility
- Supports thyroid function
Tips for beginner yogis:
- Bring your heels close to your glutes
- Place a block under by your lower back for a restorative version of this pose
- Hold this pose for at least 5 breaths
- Squeeze your knees towards each other or place a block in between your legs and squeeze the block in between your legs
- To exit, keep your hands on your mat and roll your the spine down one vertebrae at a time.
Try this pose in the morning after you wake up, or after a long day at work. Let me know in the comments if you like regular bridge or bridge with a yoga block underneath. I’ll catch you all on the next post!
Yoga can help you get through a busy day without having to leave your home or office.
Jumpstart your practice with this short, easy to follow, 5-day yoga course packed with tips, yoga pose alignment tutorials and sequences that are easy to remember. Plus, lots of other tips and other yoga and wellness content that I share exclusively with members!