Dolphin is little more complex than it looks, but it is not a hard pose to master.
Here are some of the benefits of dolphin pose:
- It’s a great core strengthener
- Mood enhancer
- Relieves sciatica and back pain
- Supports the respiratory system
- Stretches the hamstrings
- Strengthens the arms
- Aids in healthy digestive functions
Tips for beginner yogis:
- Pull your belly button up towards your spine to take the sway out of your back
- Start from table top pose
- Press the floor evenly with the hands, and keep the inside of the hands on the floor.
- Hold this pose for a minimum of 6 breaths
- To exit, drop the knees down to the mat first
Don’t get discouraged if your heels don’t touch the mat. A little practice consistently will get you into dolphin pose in no time. Holler in the comments below and let me know what you thought about dolphin pose!
Catch you all on the next one!
Yoga can help you get through a busy day without having to leave your home or office.
Get short, easy to follow, yoga cures for many issues and ailments sent straight to your inbox. Plus, lots of tips and other content that I share exclusively with members!