Half Bow pose challenges your strength, balance, and flexibility. I love a good half bow pose when my muscles are feeling extra tight or when my shoulders are tight.
Here are some benefits of Half Bow pose:
- Stretches the quads
- Opens the chest
- Stretches the arm/shoulder muscles
- Increases spinal flexibility
- Strengthens the back muscles
- Increases balance
Yoga can help you get through a busy day without having to leave your home or office.
Jumpstart your practice with this short, easy to follow, 5-day yoga course packed with tips, yoga pose alignment tutorials and sequences that are easy to remember. Plus, lots of other tips and other yoga and wellness content that I share exclusively with members!
Watch my JUMPROPE tutorial here:
Tips for beginner yogis:
- Keep the arm holding the foot straight
- Hold for at least 5-8 breaths
- Press the foot into the hand in order to raise your leg rather than just lifting your leg up
- Lift your belly button up towards your spine
- if you can’t reach your foot, use a strap and place the loop on your foot, then hold in place with your hand.
Half Bow pose can be done during the beginning sequence of your yoga practice. It’s a great warm-up pose. Let me know in the comments if you have any questions about this pose, and I’ll catch you all on the next one!