Triangle pose is very beneficial, and it’s one of the first poses I teach my students. It’s also one of my favorites.
Here are some of the benefits of triangle pose:
- It relieves indigestion, gastritis, acidity, flatulence, and other digestive issues.
- Strengthens the neck muscles
- It relieves back aches
- Tones the waist and hips
- Stretches the muscles in your torso
- Strengthens ankles
- Tones shoulder and arm muscles
Tips for beginner yogis:
- Hold this pose for at least 5 breaths per side
- For stability, look down
- To work on balance, look up towards the top hand
- Rotate the torso open by rotating the top shoulder back
- To exit this pose, lift the torso first
Triangle pose is a great pose to try during a break if you work at a desk. Let me know in the comments below where you’ve done this pose, and I’ll catch you on my next post!