Triangle pose is very beneficial, and it’s one of the first poses I teach my students. It’s also one of my favorites.
Here are some of the benefits of triangle pose:
- It relieves indigestion, gastritis, acidity, flatulence, and other digestive issues.
- Strengthens the neck muscles
- It relieves back aches
- Tones the waist and hips
- Stretches the muscles in your torso
- Strengthens ankles
- Tones shoulder and arm muscles
Tips for beginner yogis:
- Hold this pose for at least 5 breaths per side
- For stability, look down
- To work on balance, look up towards the top hand
- Rotate the torso open by rotating the top shoulder back
- To exit this pose, lift the torso first
Triangle pose is a great pose to try during a break if you work at a desk. Let me know in the comments below where you’ve done this pose, and I’ll catch you on my next post!
Yoga can help you get through a busy day without having to leave your home or office.
Get short, easy to follow, yoga cures for many issues and ailments sent straight to your inbox. Plus, lots of tips and other content that I share exclusively with members!